What do you want to discover in Ottawa?

Monday, November 1, 2010

shopping in the o'

I was in the Market resently and discovered that maybe the shopping scene is getting a bit better. I mean, it's nothing comaparable to Montreal or Toronto, but I think with time, we will be pleasantly surprised. Here is a list of my top favorite stores and boutiques. This post was inspired by a one page flyer that I took from a store that I just discovered (Roadtrip... younger sister to
Trustfund, which I am familiar with) Lots of cities have these types of maps that are available to tourists (heck, or even locals!) to help them find like-minded business :)

  1. Trustfund- trendy clothes with higher end labels ... "it's more for investment peices..."
  2. Roadtrip- Trustfund's younger sister. Great labels, but way more affordable.
  3. Schad- very expensive wishful shopping
  4. Urban Outfitters! Finally open.
  5. Frou Frou- for the wilder/unique side of your look
  6. Milk (this blog needs some work)
  7. Workshop- hand crafted clothing by local designers, very orginal stuff
  8. Victoire- very cute trendy stuff
  9. Zara
  10. Aritzia

Please feel free to share your experiences or let me know if there are any stores that I have missed in the market!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this article ! I just arrived in Ottawa and didn't really know where to find nice stores... I'll check those out!

    ReplyDelete