What do you want to discover in Ottawa?

Friday, September 3, 2010

Infused with flavour

Yesterday, I went out to lunch with some girls at work, and I suggested we go to Infusion. It's located in the heart of the Glebe.... I can't beleive they don't have a website though! Here is there Urbanspoons page.
Anyways, it's not about there website, it's about their food! It's always so fresh, flavourful and constantly changing with their speacials of the day.
It's not really fancy inside... Until they installed a chandelier!!! Those who know me well, know that I have a soft spot for them.
I like how the napkin rings are hose clamps... it gives the place its eclectic feel.


I like it when you can see the chefs cooking. It gives the real Bistro feel, and you can see that they are not spitting on your food, wiping their nose with there hands or dropping stuff on the floor before it goes on your plate! (I hope these are all myths about others restos.. I hope!)

For Lunch I had the Infusion Club with half fries and half salad. OMG! It was delicious. The best part is that creamy herb/garlic mayo heaven dip!! So worth the garlic breath all afternoon. Gawd I was thursty that evening!
So the I had a huge full breast of chicken in that sandwich served in 3 slices of delicious focaccia bread. The salad and fries were very good too.
My friend had the lamb salad, which was ENORMOUS!!! She seemed to like it but could not finish it! I think she had a hard time getting to her lamb steak... it's hard to cut aroud the little T-bone. They are hard to eat, but I just find them so cute :)

If you are looking for a place with good food, and a no fuss attitude. I highly recommend Infusion! Plus, you need your little boost for the walking you will be doing around there!
Bon appétit!







No comments:

Post a Comment