What do you want to discover in Ottawa?

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

need your hair did?

So last week, I purchased a $30 Groupon to get my hair cut at The Loft on Elgin Street. If you don't know what a groupon is...

  1. You are missing out

  2. Click here and join the email list.

The atmosphere is very trendy and hip. They use top of the line hair products like Marocanoil and Kerastase by L'Oréal (probably the best shampoo next to Bumble and Bumble).


Before booking my appointment, I made sure to book with a stylist that could work with thick hair. The receptionist was very patient with me and booked something that was convenient with my schedule and their availability.


When you arrive in the salon, you are greated by a beautifully lit white counter and behind it a friendly receptionist. They have you wait in their seating area which is equiped with sleek sofas and chairs.


My stylist (Emma) was very patient with me, we talked baout my hair and what I wanted to do with it. In my case, there wasn't too much to do to it, other than trim and THINNING it out! My shampoo was amazing, my overal experience was fun, and my hair looked amazing!


After I washed and styled it myself, I noticed that the cut is great, but I still found that my hair was thick. But I can't really complain, can I?


This place also opperate Le Spa, which is esthetics services. Here is a glimps of the room.



"You had me at chandelier!"


Here are some Don'ts when you go get your hair done:

  1. Have $5 happy hour cosmos next door before your appointment :S (read about it)
  2. Bash your old stylist
  3. Try to rush them through it
  4. Ask "And what are you doing now"
  5. Run away without tipping
  6. Ask for a hair style, but a hair cut
  7. Lie!

Please note that the images were taken from the Loft's website as I did not have my camera with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment